Agricultural Law

Our Property Law team has experience in acting for sellers, purchasers, landlords and tenants of agricultural and rural land.

We have a breadth of experience and knowledge ranging from advice on agricultural tenancies and land development, to financing and licences.

We understand that no two transactions are the same and we make a point of getting to know our clients to understand their individual or business needs. This gives us the best foundation to ensure we deliver a commercially astute and tailored service.

Our expertise includes:

  • Agricultural finance
  • Agricultural tenancies – including 1986 Act Tenancies, Farm Business Tenancies and associated succession rights
  • Development of agricultural and rural land
  • Easements and covenants
  • Equestrian property
  • Grazing licences
  • Land and Property Disputes
  • Landowners – Selling Land for Development
  • Mineral and sporting rights
  • Renewable Energy
  • Riparian rights and liabilities
  • Rural Payments Agency & Basic Payment Scheme advice
  • Sale and purchase of agricultural and rural land
Our Recent Experience
  • £3 million+ acquisition of a 44 acre property comprising a residential dwelling, staff accommodation, livery & training yard and agricultural land.
  • £2 million sale of a 73 acre agricultural property subject to a farm business tenancy.
  • The acquisition of a mixed use site which included listing buildings, farmhouses and other agricultural buildings, residential accommodation and 18 acres of paddock and pasture for in excess of £2.6 million.

Contact us

    The information you submit will be handled in accordance with our privacy policy.

    Joshua Watkins provided an exceptional service on the purchase of our first rural property. He pre-empted many of our questions and was comfortable providing thoughtful advice & solutions to our concerns. He had a great balance of keeping us up to date but not overloading us with information. I would strongly recommend using Josh and Herrington Carmichael in the future.

    - Agricultural Client

    Latest news & insights

    Award winning legal advice

    We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2022 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2021.

    Building 2  Watchmoor Park, Riverside Way, Camberley, Surrey  GU15 3YL
    +44 (0)1276 686 222

    Ascot (Appointment only)
    102, Berkshire House, 39-51 High Street, Ascot, Berkshire SL5 7HY
    +44 (0)1344 623388

    London (Appointment only)
    60 St Martins Lane, Covent Garden, London WC2N 4JS
    +44 (0)203 326 0317

    Wokingham (Appointment only)
    4 The Courtyard, Denmark Street, Wokingham, Berkshire RG40 2AZ
    +44 (0)118 977 4045

    Email: info@herrington-carmichael.com

    Our Services

    Corporate Lawyers
    Commercial Lawyers
    Commercial Property Lawyers
    Conveyancing Solicitors
    Dispute Resolution Lawyers
    Divorce & Family Lawyers
    Employment Lawyers
    Immigration Law Services
    Private Wealth & Inheritance Lawyers
    Startups & New Business Lawyers

    © 2022 Herrington Carmichael LLP. Registered in England and Wales company number OC322293.

    Herrington Carmichael LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

    Privacy Policy   |   Legal Notices, T&Cs, Complaints Resolution   |   Cookies 
    Client Feedback   |  Diversity Data