Our Property Law team has experience in acting for sellers, purchasers, landlords and tenants of agricultural and rural land.
We have a breadth of experience and knowledge ranging from advice on agricultural tenancies and land development, to financing and licences.
We understand that no two transactions are the same and we make a point of getting to know our clients to understand their individual or business needs. This gives us the best foundation to ensure we deliver a commercially astute and tailored service.
Our expertise includes:
- Agricultural finance
- Agricultural tenancies – including 1986 Act Tenancies, Farm Business Tenancies and associated succession rights
- Development of agricultural and rural land
- Easements and covenants
- Equestrian property
- Grazing licences
- Land and Property Disputes
- Landowners – Selling Land for Development
- Mineral and sporting rights
- Renewable Energy
- Riparian rights and liabilities
- Rural Payments Agency & Basic Payment Scheme advice
- Sale and purchase of agricultural and rural land
Our Recent Experience
- £3 million+ acquisition of a 44 acre property comprising a residential dwelling, staff accommodation, livery & training yard and agricultural land.
- £2 million sale of a 73 acre agricultural property subject to a farm business tenancy.
- The acquisition of a mixed use site which included listing buildings, farmhouses and other agricultural buildings, residential accommodation and 18 acres of paddock and pasture for in excess of £2.6 million.
Joshua Watkins provided an exceptional service on the purchase of our first rural property. He pre-empted many of our questions and was comfortable providing thoughtful advice & solutions to our concerns. He had a great balance of keeping us up to date but not overloading us with information. I would strongly recommend using Josh and Herrington Carmichael in the future.
Latest news & insights
Senior Solicitor Steph Richards highlights the importance of Inter-Creditor Deeds in secured lending transactions, with a focus on development finance.
It will come as no surprise to Residential Landlords that regulations relating to the removal of tenants have been extended again.
We have seen tenants offering not to exercise their break option in a lease in return for a further rent-free or reduced rent period…
2021 promises to be an interesting year, at the very least, for the property market as a number of major deadlines loom.
When assessing a planning application for development, authorities must consider whether any protected species are likely to be affected.
The ban on enforcing Possession Orders has been extended to 21 February 2021 with every expectation that it will be further extended.
Agricultural Law Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Banking and Finance
- Business Disputes
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Competition Law
- Construction disputes
- Consumer Law
- Corporate - MBOs & MBIs
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate lending
- Data, IT & Technology
- Debt Recovery
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- Intellectual Property
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- New Businsess
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Recovery & Insolvency
- Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.