Our Property Law team has experience in acting for sellers, purchasers, landlords and tenants of agricultural and rural land.
We have a breadth of experience and knowledge ranging from advice on agricultural tenancies and land development, to financing and licences.
We understand that no two transactions are the same and we make a point of getting to know our clients to understand their individual or business needs. This gives us the best foundation to ensure we deliver a commercially astute and tailored service.
Our expertise includes:
- Agricultural finance
- Agricultural tenancies – including 1986 Act Tenancies, Farm Business Tenancies and associated succession rights
- Development of agricultural and rural land
- Easements and covenants
- Equestrian property
- Grazing licences
- Land and Property Disputes
- Landowners – Selling Land for Development
- Mineral and sporting rights
- Renewable Energy
- Riparian rights and liabilities
- Rural Payments Agency & Basic Payment Scheme advice
- Sale and purchase of agricultural and rural land
Our Recent Experience
- £3 million+ acquisition of a 44 acre property comprising a residential dwelling, staff accommodation, livery & training yard and agricultural land.
- £2 million sale of a 73 acre agricultural property subject to a farm business tenancy.
- The acquisition of a mixed use site which included listing buildings, farmhouses and other agricultural buildings, residential accommodation and 18 acres of paddock and pasture for in excess of £2.6 million.
Joshua Watkins provided an exceptional service on the purchase of our first rural property. He pre-empted many of our questions and was comfortable providing thoughtful advice & solutions to our concerns. He had a great balance of keeping us up to date but not overloading us with information. I would strongly recommend using Josh and Herrington Carmichael in the future.
Latest news & insights
As we roll into the new year, it is often a good time to assess that all regulations are in order for our businesses and properties.
Adverse possession is also called “squatters rights”, and it has been the subject of controversy, however, it is not as simple as possessing the land.
Snow may not be what you wish for now as construction projects are known to get affected due to bad weather conditions.
The property and economic press are awash with predictions of what 2023 will hold for the property market.
Whilst construction may temporarily shut down during the festive period, the disputes that arise don’t.
The Ministry of Justice announce its plans to impose compulsory civil mediation for all proceedings allocated to the small claims track.
Agricultural Law Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Co Co - Employee Share Schemes
- Co Co - Recovery & Insolvency
- Co Co - Restructuring
- Co Co Corporate Governance
- Co Co Corporate lending
- Co Co Financial Services
- Co Co Franchising
- Co Co GDPR
- Co Co in-house legal support
- Co Co International Contracts
- Co Co M&A's
- Co Co MBOs & MBIs
- Co Co Partnership and LLPs
- Co Co Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Co Co Shareholders Agreements
- Co Co Terms and Conditions
- Co Co- Intellectual Property
- CoCo - Banking and Finance
- CoCo - New Businsess
- CoCo Competition Law
- CoCo Consumer Law
- CoCo Data Protection - Marketing
- CoCo Data, IT & Technology
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Corporate & Commercial
- Corporate Law
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Trainee Solicitor
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2023 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2022.