Our Property Law team has experience in acting for sellers, purchasers, landlords and tenants of agricultural and rural land.
We have a breadth of experience and knowledge ranging from advice on agricultural tenancies and land development, to financing and licences.
We understand that no two transactions are the same and we make a point of getting to know our clients to understand their individual or business needs. This gives us the best foundation to ensure we deliver a commercially astute and tailored service.
Our expertise includes:
- Agricultural finance
- Agricultural tenancies – including 1986 Act Tenancies, Farm Business Tenancies and associated succession rights
- Development of agricultural and rural land
- Easements and covenants
- Equestrian property
- Grazing licences
- Land and Property Disputes
- Landowners – Selling Land for Development
- Mineral and sporting rights
- Renewable Energy
- Riparian rights and liabilities
- Rural Payments Agency & Basic Payment Scheme advice
- Sale and purchase of agricultural and rural land
Our Recent Experience
- £3 million+ acquisition of a 44 acre property comprising a residential dwelling, staff accommodation, livery & training yard and agricultural land.
- £2 million sale of a 73 acre agricultural property subject to a farm business tenancy.
- The acquisition of a mixed use site which included listing buildings, farmhouses and other agricultural buildings, residential accommodation and 18 acres of paddock and pasture for in excess of £2.6 million.
Joshua Watkins provided an exceptional service on the purchase of our first rural property. He pre-empted many of our questions and was comfortable providing thoughtful advice & solutions to our concerns. He had a great balance of keeping us up to date but not overloading us with information. I would strongly recommend using Josh and Herrington Carmichael in the future.
Latest news & insights
There are lots of costs for a tenant considering taking a commercial lease. But what are the dangers of not taking legal advice?
This article by Herrington Carmichael on Rent Review explains the importance and impact of specific clauses in commercial leases.
If you moved home in 2021 and you believe your surveyor or conveyancer made a mistake with your sale or purchase…
In recent years, the construction industry has been hit with a torrent of obstacles, seeing prices rise significantly, with seemingly no relief on the horizon.
Commercial landlords can use numerous methods to recover rent arrears or to regain possession of their premises after tenant liquidation.
Serving a valid notice, as required by the Housing Act 1988, is the first step to ensure you once again have full control over your property.
Agricultural Law Team
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2022 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2021.