In the first session of this two-part series, join Reality HR and Herrington Carmichael as they discuss the employment rights of “workers” and “employees”, covering recent events and the widely covered topics of fire and re-hire and termination practices.
Join the session and gain valuable insight into your legal obligations when it comes to employment rights on termination. Learn how the rights of an employee and a worker differ when their contract is terminated and take away practical advice on what HR practices need to be followed.
Alongside your questions, we will be answering the following:
• In legal terms, have you engaged a worker, employee or self-employed individual?
• Does an individual’s rights on termination differ if they are a worker, employee or self-employed?
• Is HR best practice to treat employees and workers differently?
• What process should a termination follow (both in respect of individuals and groups)?
• What are the alternatives to termination (e.g. making a contractual change)?
• What is the practice of “fire and rehire” and how does it work?
• What are the legal risks involved in terminations more generally and what practical steps can you take to mitigate these?
The second training session, to be held in September 2022, will cover the rights of employees and workers during their contract, how these can be managed, and whether they should be treated differently depending on whether an individual is an “employee” or a “worker” by law.
Please join Alex Harper, Employment Solicitor from Herrington Carmichael and Heidi Wadsworth, HR & Training Consultant from Reality HR, for this free session that will be held virtually on Thursday 19 May 2022 at midday.
Please register, if you would like to join us for this free session.