Katrine is an experienced employment lawyer. She advises HR teams, directors and managers on both contentious and non-contentious areas of employment law. Katrine is also a trusted advisor to many individuals requiring employment law advice and has a strong track record of negotiating exit packages for senior executives and other individuals.
Katrine provides commercial and pragmatic legal advice to clients in a wide variety of sectors but with a particular focus on the pharmaceutical, retail and technology sectors. Katrine has also been recognised in the Legal 500.
Katrine qualified in 2003 and joined Herrington Carmichael in 2017. She brings with her a wealth of knowledge and experience having previously worked at a leading national firm and niche employment practices.
Experience | Key projects
- Katrine provides advice on a full range of employment issues. She has considerable experience of advising on the strategy and process in large scale restructuring and redundancy situations.
- She also advises on the variation of terms and conditions of employment, drafting and enforcing post termination restrictions, the conduct of capability and disciplinary procedures, dealing with employees on long terms sickness absence and disabled employees.
- Katrine regularly acts for employers defending Employment Tribunal cases, covering a full range of issues including unfair dismissal, constructive unfair dismissal, whistleblowing, breach of contract, unlawful deductions of wages and all forms of discrimination including maternity discrimination.
- She also frequently acts for individuals in pursuing Employment Tribunal proceedings against their employer and is experienced in achieving out of court settlements.
- Katrine’s non-contentious experience includes drafting contracts of employment, director’s service agreements, company policies and procedures.
Katrine is recognised as having “professional expertise in employment law which helps bring clarity and legality into the practical and messy issues faced by organisations. She combines integrity, professionalism, hard work and a lightness of touch to bring positive solutions to complex issues.”
Alistair and the Employment Team at Herrington Carmichael assist us with a variety of matters. I have been very impressed with the legal advice and awareness of commercial practicalities with everything they have assisted us with. We have used other departments at Herrington Carmichael in the past and the service across the firm has been fantastic.
Alistair and his team at Herrington Carmichael continue to provide us with the highest level of support on the various employment law issues which have arisen. I would highly recommend them and the services that they provide.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2020 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2020.