Our Debt Recovery specialists have in-depth knowledge across a range of sectors.
Our team of legal experts use innovative ways to recover debts with support from market-leading case management. They can provide reporting information designed to your needs, ensuring a transparent, efficient debt recovery process. Across both transactional work and more complex litigation, clients recommend us for our approachability, range of options, service excellence and significant cost reductions.
To find out more about Debt Recovery, please contact our Debt Recovery Team today using our Contact Us form.
Can The Debtor Pay ?
Assessing whether the debtor is a “won’t pay” or a “can’t pay” customer is essential to the success of legal proceedings.
We have access to a number of specialists who can provide “pre-sue” assessments or debtor profiling” reports to guide you on the commercial risks of a particular defendant.
Getting judgment is the first stage of the process. We understand that getting paid is the objective. We provide unrivalled expertise and an efficient approach to recovering your debt.
How much does Debt Recovery cost?
Please note, the below is applicable only to the stated circumstances, and unless a fixed fee is stated it is purely an indicative guide. Please contact us for an accurate fee proposal based on your particular facts and circumstances.
Sending to the Debtor a Letter before Action demanding payment – Fixed fee of £42 for a letter before action (LBA) relating to undisputed unpaid invoices only. All other LBAs are charged on a time spent basis.
If the Debtor is disputing the sum, we cannot deal with it under the fixed fee. We will be able to review the papers, advise and act for you in a disputed claim but all of that work will be charged on a time spent basis and we will provide you with a likely fees estimate based specifically on the individual needs of your case.
Example of Costs for Different Debt Values:
|Debt Value||Up to £300.00|
|Our fee||Hourly rate of £114 (approx. 1 -2 hours)|
|Debt Value||£10,000 and above|
|Court fee||5% value of the claim|
|Our fee||Hourly rate of £114 (approx. 1 -2 hours)|
For more detailed information about our pricing for Debt Recovery, please use the button below to download our pricing guide.
Free Credit Check
Request a free credit check with one of our Debt Recovery experts...
Debt Recovery: all you need to know
Have you ever felt that your demands for payment are not being taken seriously? Give your credit control a bit more bite!
Specific Types of Debt Recovery
Debt recovery generally falls into two types of categories, find out more here…
Debt Recovery Team
- All departments
- Agricultural Law
- Co Co - Recovery & Insolvency
- Co Co Corporate Governance
- Co Co Corporate lending
- Co Co Financial Services
- Co Co Franchising
- Co Co GDPR
- Co Co in-house legal support
- Co Co International Contracts
- Co Co M&A's
- Co Co MBOs & MBIs
- Co Co Partnership and LLPs
- Co Co Regulatory, Compliance & Competition
- Co Co Shareholders Agreements
- Co Co Terms and Conditions
- Co Co- Intellectual Property
- CoCo - Banking and Finance
- CoCo - New Businsess
- CoCo Competition Law
- CoCo Consumer Law
- CoCo Data Protection - Marketing
- CoCo Data, IT & Technology
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property
- Corporate & Commercial
- Corporate Law
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes - Business
- Disputes - Declarations of trust
- Disputes - Probate and inheritance
- Disputes - Professional negligence
- Disputes - Restrictive Covenants
- Disputes - Shareholders & Partnership
- Disputes - Tenants in Residential Property
- Disputes - Wills, trusts & probate disputes
- Disputes and Small Claims
- Disputes Construction
- Disputes with Co-owners
- Employee - Termination
- Employee Share Schemes
- Employer - Termination
- Employment - Business protection
- Employment - Collective consultations
- Employment - Contracts, services, consultancy
- Employment - Employee benefits
- Employment - Employee Procedures
- Employment - Equality, discrimination and harassment
- Employment - Family Friendly Rights
- Employment - GDPR and Data Protection
- Employment - Post employment obligations
- Employment - Redundancy & Reorganisation
- Employment - Settlement Agreements
- Employment - Tribunal Claims
- Employment - TUPE
- Employment - Wages, holiday and sick pay
- Employment - Workers rights
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Estate Administration
- Expat Legal Services
- Family Law
- Financial Services
- Help to Buy
- Immigration law
- International Legal Services
- Key Property Contacts
- Land and Property Disputes
- Land, development and construction
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Licensing Law
- Money, Tax and Inheritance
- New Build Conveyancing
- Private Wealth and Inheritance
- Professional Negligence
- Property Finance
- Property Law
- Residential Property
- Residential Property - Completions
- Residential Property - Shared Ownership
- Wills, Trusts & Probate
Latest news | insights
Upon lending company dissolution, if there are any property or rights to which the lending company is entitled…
Director disqualification in respect of dissolved companies is not a new principle, but in 2022 there is certainly a greater risk of it arising…
When a company is insolvent, the directors of a company are under a duty to protect the interests of the company’s creditors.
Award winning legal advice
We are solicitors in Camberley, Wokingham and London. In 2019, Herrington Carmichael won ‘Property Law Firm of the Year’ at the Thames Valley Business Magazines Property Awards, ‘Best Medium Sized Business’ at the Surrey Heath Business Awards and we were named IR Global’s ‘Member of the Year’. We are ranked as a Leading Firm 2022 by Legal 500 and Alistair McArthur is ranked in Chambers 2021.